JLSI brings experienced operating perspective to investment decisions for Private Equity, Venture Capital, Investment Banking and Corporate clients. Typically, this involves the following types of work:
- Identifying promising investment opportunities based on JLSI insights into future consumer needs.
- Helping to evaluate and price companies being offered for sale.
- Advising on appropriate financial and strategic arrangements between buyers and sellers.
- Helping investors decide what not to invest in based on experience in 50 different consumer-driven businesses in 25 countries over 27 years.
- Identifying growth strategies for portfolio companies which have “flat” sales and earnings.
- Developing detailed business plans which describe what needs to be done in the first three years after a new investment is made.
- Advising investment professionals on strategic and operating risks of potential investments.
- Identifying strategic initiatives or add-on acquisitions for portfolio companies.
- Coaching management teams of portfolio companies and investment bank clients.
- Participating in presentations to prospective clients on M&A advisory, financing and restructuring proposals.
- Developing M&A strategies for client companies on ways to enter and exit specific industry segments.
- Teaching client employees about emerging trends in consumer-driven industries.
- Providing creative solutions to exit structure issues which are in the way of success.